1. What height options are there for AluExcel edging?
AluExcel is available in a range of heights: 15mm, 18mm, 25mm, 40mm, 50mm, 65mm, 75mm, 100mm, 120mm and 150mm.
2. What colour options do I have for Borderline edging?
Borderline comes in a choice of powder-coated brown, galvanised or untreated steel (which will develop a natural rusty look over time).
3. I have a bespoke colour I want the edging in my garden to match. Can you help?
We colour match and powder coat edging to any RAL colour. With such a range of colour options, customers usually find the perfect colour for their garden. If you have your heart set on a bespoke colour, we can accommodate this at an additional cost. Please enquire about pricing.
4. Does AluExcel come in a choice of different radius? What is the smallest?
Yes. The 15mm – 75mm size comes in a 1000mm radius. The 100mm to 150mm size comes in a 1500mm radius.
5. How long does it take to install AluExcel?
On average, it takes around an hour to install 50m of AluExcel edging. Check our installation guides for simple guidance to help you through the process.
6. What are the benefits of using AluExcel instead of traditional concrete kerbs?
Apart from the obvious aesthetic appeal, there are a number of advantages, including:
7. What are the benefits of using Borderline instead of traditional timber edging?
The advantages of Borderline include:
8. Do you have stainless steel edging?
No. However, if it’s the stainless steel look you desire, we can supply AluExcel edging in an anodised stainless steel finish. Speak to our customer service team for help.
9. How easy is it to cut the edging to size?
Cutting all our edging can be simple with the right equipment. We recommend that you use either
10. How do I create a corner with the edging?
If you’ve chosen AluExcel for your project, we also supply edging corners to create 90 degree angles. Simply add the number of corners you need to your order.
With our other edging ranges, it depends. For steel edging, if you have access to on-site welding, you can cut the edge in half, forming two pieces, then spot weld the two back together in a corner shape.
If you don’t have welding equipment or you have aluminium edging (except AluExcel) we recommend:
11. When will my order be delivered?
We will give you an estimated date of arrival. Unfortunately we can’t guarantee a time, but we’re working on that! If your delivery is urgent, you can choose next day delivery when ordering.
12. What happens if the edging arrives damaged?
We take extreme care with packaging and protecting our edging to ensure it gets to you in the perfect condition we would expect on all our projects. If any of the edging is damaged, please pack it up in the same boxes it came in and we will collect it and either replace it or refund you.
13. What happens if I don’t order enough edging for my garden because I miscalculated?
It’s easy to do. Simply, place a new order for additional edging and we will deliver. Before placing your order, if you’re not sure about how much you need, speak to our customer service team who can give you some suggestions for calculating the right measurements.
14. Is there a guarantee with my edging?
All our edging comes with a guarantee of at least 15 years. AllEdge and AluExcel both come with 20 year guarantees.
15. Can I order edging for a friend or to be delivered to a different address than is registered to the credit or debit card I ordered with?
Yes, you can order for someone else or to an alternative delivery address. Make sure you make the delivery address clear when ordering.
16. Do I receive installation instructions with my edging?
We have a comprehensive set of installation videos on our website – just visit the Installation guides pages. Upon request, we can send instructions out by email. Please speak to our customer service team.